facebook twitter Google Plus Pintrest
File BOC-3 Online

Oregon Fuel Tax Permit

Oregon Fuel Tax PermitWhen a truck purchases fuel in the state of Oregon they are responsible for paying fuel taxes. In Oregon, trucks will require a Fuel Tax Permit. You pay the fuel taxes either monthly or quarterly.


Commercial vehicles with a GVW of 26,000 pounds or more, or any 3-axle truck are required to have an IFTA. Exempt business operations are very limited and may be subject to state Fuel Tax.


It is important to mention that with a Fuel Tax Permit, truckers save 20 cents when filling their trucks or trailers with diesel fuel.



1st Quarter

Returns Due by April 30

2nd Quarter

Returns Due by July 31

3rd Quarter

Returns Due by October 31

4th Quarter

Returns Due by January 31

(in the following year)


Oregon Trip Permit

The State of Oregon requires trucking companies to get an Oregon Permit separately just for Oregon. The bond requirement makes the process a bit lengthy. However, our skilled and experienced staff at DOT Operating Authority is fully trained to help your trucking company get its required Oregon permits.


The Oregon heavy motor vehicle trip permit allows operation of unregistered motor vehicles that have a registration weight: loaded or combined (combined vehicle means the total of empty weight of all vehicle in a combination plus the total weight) over 8,000 pounds and for self-propelled fixed load vehicles regardless of weight.


This permit can’t be used on:

  • Motor Homes; and
  • Tow/recovery vehicles.

Oregon Permit Requirements

Oregon trip permit will be issued after some of the following requirements are met:

  • Verification of public liability and property damage insurance, and or indemnity bond may be required at the discretion, and in the amounts determined by the granting authority.
  • Must carry minimum insurance of $750/500/10 for all ICC carriers.

You will need to have this to get your Oregon Carrier File Number, but it is a simple process which can be done the same day as ordering your truck permit at DOT Operating Authority.


DOT Operating Authority Provides Service for Your Trucking Company

Our full truck and trailer management service covers these important functions:

  • Licensing
  • Permitting
  • Fuel Tax (IFTA) Reporting

And many others.

Our main goal is to ensure your tractor trailers stay legally on the road and avoid costly fines. DOT Operating Authority will take care of everything for you. Give us a call today!