facebook twitter Google Plus Pintrest
File BOC-3 Online

Corporation Filing

For those of you who are forming a corporation or limited liability structure, the compliance experts of DOT Operating Authority will assist you throughout the whole process. We are here to ensure that you get a strong start. This also refers to your entities. As for Doing Business As for (DBA) names, we are experienced in creating them at any jurisdiction level. Our professionalism and our savvy tools will allow you to be prompt with deadlines for filing and the management of your DBA profile without an issue.

DOT Filings

Getting authority to operate, such as MC number, can be a difficult process that allows no room for error and takes time. At DOT Operating Authority it is our goal to make it easy for you and save your time. If you are starting a trucking business, don’t wait to contact us, so we can help you comply with all DOT authority regulations. DOT flings are one of the most essential parts of starting your business. Our experienced team has an aged and broad knowledge of trucking industry and all the paperwork associated with it. We will help you with every step on your way to starting a successful trucking company.

ICC/MC Authority

Before filing out applications, you should choose your business name and create a business entity for your company, such as a corporation, LLC, sole partnership or other. Then, to get your approval for authority, you need to submit proof of insurance – read about insurance requirements. Next, you need to file BOC-3 and have a process agent for every state you operate in. There are also Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax, IFTA, Controlled Substance and Alcohol Testing and other state regulation.

IFTA Permits

Ifta Permit registration is not mandatory unless you qualify. By understanding your qualifications, you will avoid having to obtain a fuel permit from each member province or state every time you travel through them. To qualify, you must also have a vehicle that transports people or property for compensation and:
– has three or more axles
– has two axles and a registered gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or more
– used in a combination that has a registered gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or more.

Kentucky KYU

Any motor carrier 60,000 pounds or greater traveling Kentucky is subject to KYU tax. The KYU number is a tax license issued for the Kentucky Weight Distance Tax.
There is no faster way to get your KYU issued, DOT Operating Authority is your best choice.
There are a few requirements that need to be met before actually being able to issue your KYU. For one, your USDOT number must be listed as an Interstate operator. Secondly, you must have an active MC Number if you are a for-hire carrier. Third, you must have a current UCR (Unified Carrier Registration) for your company. If you do not have the UCR on file for the current year, DOT Operating Authority will also be able to help you with it.

New Mexico WDT

New Mexico enforces a weight-distance tax on owners, operators, and registrants of both intrastate and interstate commercial vehicles. The declared gross vehicle weight is in excess of 26,000 pounds. This tax relies on vehicle weight and miles traveled on the roads of New Mexico. Companies must register and apply each year for a New Mexico Weight Distance Tax Electronic Permit for each vehicle. A vehicle titled in New Mexico that is subject to the weight-distance tax and traveling intrastate is issued a weight-distance plate. A vehicle titled in New Mexico that is subject to the weight-distance tax and traveling interstate is issued an IRP plate.

Oregon PUC

The State of Oregon requires trucking companies to get an Oregon Permit separately just for Oregon. The bond requirement makes the process a little bit long. However the skilled and experience staff at DOT Operating Authority is fully trained to help your trucking company to get the Oregon PUC permits. The heavy motor vehicle trip permit (Oregon PUC Permit) allows operation of unregistered motor vehicles that have a registration weight over 8,000 pounds and for self-propelled fixed load vehicles regardless of weight. Public Utilities Commission is the commission that regulates fuel taxes. This is also what PUC stands for. When a truck buys fuel in Oregon they are responsible for paying the fuel taxes. In Oregon trucks need a PUC card (number) and a log book to show fuel usage.

Trucking Permits

Trucking permits are mandatory in terms to collect taxes from interstate truckers for fuel and miles operated over the highways of the United States. Each state may have a different tax rate on the fuel purchased and miles driven.
Whatever truck that is over 26,001 lbs or in combination over 26,001 lbs must gain permission when traveling across state lines. Truckers can choose to get temporary permits or order annual permits, which expire Dec. 31 of each year and temporary permits are typically good for 3 to 10 days. Truckers must also have license tags or temporary permits that allow you to cross state lines. Truck license Tags are valid for different durations based on the state of issue.

If you have any questions regarding trucking permits of any sort, do not hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-669-4383. 

Quarterly IFTA Filings

Under IFTA, you are required to file quarterly fuel tax returns. The reporting quarters and due dates are:

Reporting Quarter Due Date

January – March April 30
April – June July 31
July – September October 31
October – December January 31

If the due date falls on a weekend or state holiday, the due date is extended to the next business day.

All licensees must file an IFTA tax return every quarter. A return must be filed each quarter even if:
• No taxable miles were traveled
• All miles traveled were in California
You must submit a “zero” return even if no taxable fuel was used.


Individuals and companies that operate commercial vehicles are required by the UCR to register their business with their state and pay an annual fee which is based off their fleet size. All private, exempt, and for hire carriers are included.